PRIEST WITH PARTICULAR RESPONSIBILITY: Revd Andrew Perrin mal@westradnor.church
PASTORAL EUCHARIST ASSISTANT: Mrs Alison Lawrence
PASTORAL ASSISTANT: Mrs Shirley Morgan
WARDENS: Mrs Alison Lawrence & Mrs Mary Bufton warden.llandegley@westradnor.church
HON TREASURER: Mrs Rhian Duggan treas.llandegley@westradnor.church
OUR HERITAGE
The church is first mentioned in the thirteenth century. Dedicated to St Tecla of Iconium the companion of St Paul, the foundation may have had links with the Order of St John Hospitallers and associated with the healing properties of the local medicinal waters. The ancient parish became a Vicarage. Lists of clergy survive from 1401. The church was rebuilt and a chancel added by Stephen Williams in 1874. The tower fell in 1947 and was rebuilt in 1953. A school was held in the church from 1738 and in a separate building from 1885 – 1977. A Vicarage was built in 1883 and sold in 1950 when the parish last had a resident priest. A kitchen, toilet and upstairs meeting room were added inside the church in 2012.
The
church has one bell cast in 1630 and a single manual pipe organ. There was a
robed choir until the late 1980s. The ancient parish of Llandegley includes
part of the village of Penybont.