ABBEYCWMHIR, St Mary the Virgin

PRIEST WITH PARTICULAR RESPONSIBILITY: Revd Andrew Perrin mal@westradnor.church

FOCAL MINISTER: Ms Sandra Morris fm.ach@westradnor.church

PASTORAL EUCHARIST ASSISTANTS: Mrs Vera Morris & Mr Julian Lovell

WARDENS: Mr Lindsey Williams MBE & Ms Sandra Morris warden.ach@westradnor.church

HON TREASURERS:  Mr Julian Lovell & Ms Judith Stafford treas.ach@westradnor.church

OUR HERITAGE

The Cistercian Abbey founded in 1176 served as a parish church after the dissolution in 1537 until a church dedicated to St Mary was built in 1680. This was replaced by the present building in 1866 and became a leader in Tractarian worship with vestments, incense, many candles, bells etc. Fine collection of stained glass windows including a large rose window in the west wall. There are two tubular bells. A large pipe organ was removed from the church recently. Abbey Cwmhir was grouped with Llanddewi in 1955  and the V

Scroll to Top